Matchmaking trip - The Netherlands
Market orientation organic food and non-food
Date 21 – 22 – 23 January 2020
Are you active in the organic market and interested in exporting to the Netherlands? Join the Matchmaking trip on 21 and 22 January to the Netherlands with a visit to the organic trade fair Bio-beurs included.
Opportunities for exporting to The Netherlands
Organic food is a fast growing market in The Netherlands because of their trust in high quality products that are good for the environment, climate, health transparency and fairness. The turnover in Dutch supermarkets and with food suppliers is increasing at a fast pace. The Netherlands is a very accessible market and offers opportunities for companies abroad for the organic food and non-food.
Within a short time you will get an overview of the Dutch organic market. You will be in contact with relevant decision makers, stakeholders and potential business partners.
Program Tuesday 21 January 2020
13.00 hrs. Meet & Great in Zwolle (location tbd)
13.05 hrs. Welcome and introduction to the program
13.15 hrs. Presentation on doing business in the Dutch market
14.00 hrs. Store check 1: Organic store
14.45 hrs. Store check 2: General supermarket
15.30 hrs. Store check 3: Specialty store
16.00 hrs. Welcome and dinner on organic farm
16.30 hrs. Workshop program
- In-depth: Dutch marked & cultural differences in doing business.
- Bionext: Trends in the Dutch organic market, main trends in the Netherlands.
- Distribution channels
- Main actors
- Consumption habits & figures
- Main consumed products by the Dutch consumers
- Local production
- Most imported products and import partners for the Netherland
- Presentation wholesaler: How do we do it?
- Presentation Skal Biocontrol - Designated Control Authority responsible for the inspection and certification of organic companies in the Netherlands - What are the rules on product imports.
18.30 hrs. Networking dinner
Program Wednesday 22 January 2020
11.15 hrs. Tour on the Bio-beurs, meet and greet with important players in the market
(Trade fair open to public 10.00 – 20.00 hrs.)
Program Thursday 23 January 2020
10.00 hrs.Optional visit to the Bio-beurs (Trade fair open to public 10.00 – 18.00 hrs.)
Participation costs € 550,- per person excluding of VAT (21%). The service package you will receive entails:
- participation to (collective) parts of the program with visit to relevant stores;
- networking drinks and dinner on Tuesday 21 January;
- workshop program;
- collective local transport;
- access to the Bio-beurs in Zwolle on 22 and 23 January 2020, with a tour on 22 January;
- local support by the organization during your stay.
Costs for travel & stay, parking, other costs for individual matchmaking, VAT are on your own account.
Contact and registration: